Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Doe Paoro on the Rodent Hour

Last night, the Rodent Hour hosted a singer named Sonia from the group Doe Paoro. I probably had about three different pronunciations of that name over the course of the evening, and none of them were correct. I shouldn't have looked at the word "Paoro" before I had the sound stuck firmly in my brain. Kept trying to roll that R.

But it was still a great show. Sonia played music from her new CD, "Slow to Love," which you can listen to in its entirety at that link and also purchase on iTunes. She ended by singing a Tibetan opera piece for us, a capella. Most of the tech stuff went off without a hitch. And the Rodent Hour's new theme song is the theme song for the anime Cowboy Bebop. I'm pretty proud of that one. I pulled the song up on my computer, and my co-host Matt agreed that it would make a great opener, so now the nerdiest possible music outside of the Star Trek theme song will play before every show.

Staying true to my roots.

Next week, our guest is Jason Cady, a lovely person and an opera composer who was also my very first roommate when I moved to New York City. The BF remembers the story like this: "You got out of the car that took you to Bedstuy from the airport and we rang the doorbell to the apartment, and I was thinking, Please be normal, Please be normal, Please be normal. And it was Jason!" You can listen to some of his music at that link.

Update: Almost forgot, Rodent Hour shows are archived on the our SoundCloud account , so if you missed our guest interviews live, you can listen and download them for one week after the show.

Also, the second hour of our show is Tunes from the Crypt, music we find on the shelves of the Pratt Radio station. Each week's play list is also available for download on the SoundCloud account (soundcloud.com/rodenthour). We update the site every week every Wednesday, the day after the latest show.

No comments:

Post a Comment